By Barbara Klein, Richard Alan Long, Kenneth Ray Blackman, Diane Lynne Goff, Stephen Paul Nathan, Moira McFadden Lanyi, Margaret M. Wilson, John Butterweck, Sandra L. Sherrill
IBM’s Definitive One-Stop consultant to IMS types 12, eleven, and 10: for each IMS DBA, Developer, and method Programmer
Over ninety% of the head Fortune® a thousand businesses depend on IBM’s details administration method (IMS) for his or her most important IBM procedure z® facts administration wishes: 50,000,000,000+ transactions run via IMS databases on a daily basis. What’s extra, IBM maintains to improve IMS: types 12, eleven, and 10 meet today’s enterprise demanding situations extra flexibly and at a lower price than ever earlier than. In An creation to IMS, moment Edition, prime IBM specialists current the definitive technical creation to those types of IMS.
More than an entire instructional, this e-book offers updated examples, circumstances, difficulties, ideas, and an entire word list of IMS terminology. Prerequisite studying for the present IBM IMS Mastery Certification application, it displays significant contemporary improvements similar to dynamic info iteration; new entry, interoperability and improvement instruments; superior SOA aid; and masses extra. no matter if you’re a DBA, database developer, or method programmer, it brings jointly the entire wisdom you’ll have to be triumphant with IMS in today’s project severe environments.
- What IMS is, the way it works, the way it has developed, and the way it matches into smooth company IT architectures
- Providing safe entry to IMS through IMS-managed program programs
- Understanding how IMS and z/OS® interact to take advantage of and software program extra efficiently
- Setting up, operating, and keeping IMS
- Running IMS Database supervisor: utilizing the IMS Hierarchical Database version, sharing facts, and reorganizing databases
- Understanding, using, and optimizing IMS Transaction Manager
- IMS program improvement: program programming for the IMS Database and IMS Transaction Managers, enhancing and formatting messages, and programming functions in Java™
- IMS method management: the IMS approach definition approach, customizing IMS, protection, logging, IMS operations, database and approach restoration, and more
- IMS in Parallel Sysplex® environments: making sure excessive availability, supplying sufficient means, and balancing workloads
Read or Download An Introduction to IMS: Your Complete Guide to IBM Information Management System PDF
Similar database storage & design books
Written with readability and a down-to-earth technique, Sams educate your self SQL Server 2005 exhibit in 24 Hours covers the fundamentals of Microsoft's most recent model of SQL Server. professional writer Alison Balter takes you from uncomplicated innovations to an intermediate point in 24 one-hour classes. you'll study the entire uncomplicated initiatives invaluable for the management of SQL Server 2005.
This publication is a treasury for ETL builders / architects. it's very assorted from different ETL books within the method that it truly is written with a top-to-bottom process rather than targeting info of an ETL device. each one bankruptcy provides an issue that an ETL developer/architect will face in the course of a true undertaking.
Java and databases make a strong blend. Getting the 2 aspects to interact, even if, takes a few effort--largely simply because Java offers in items whereas such a lot databases don't. This e-book describes the traditional Java interfaces that make transportable object-oriented entry to relational databases attainable and provides a strong version for writing functions which are effortless to keep up.
Microsoft SQL Server is utilized by thousands of companies, ranging in measurement from Fortune 500s to small outlets all over the world. even if you are simply getting begun as a DBA, assisting a SQL Server-driven software, or you have been drafted by way of your workplace because the SQL Server admin, you don't want a thousand-page e-book to wake up and operating.
- Securing SQL Server, Third Edition: Protecting Your Database from Attackers
- Spark: Big Data Cluster Computing in Production
- Beginning SQL Server 2005 for Developers: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice)
- Implementing SAP® CRM: The Guide for Business and Technology Managers
- Sams Teach Yourself Delphi 4 in 21 Days
- Robustness in Automatic Speech Recognition: Fundamentals and Applications
Extra resources for An Introduction to IMS: Your Complete Guide to IBM Information Management System
Maintain the databases. IMS DB provides facilities for backing up and recovering IMS databases, as well as facilities for tuning the databases by reorganizing and restructuring them. In addition, IMS DB enables you to adapt IMS databases to the requirements of varied applications. Application programs can access common (and therefore consistent) data, thereby reducing the need to maintain the same data in multiple ways in separate files for different applications. IMS databases are accessed internally using a number of IMS database organization access methods.
For example, you can define transactions for high-volume data-entry applications, others for interactive applications, and still others to support predefined queries. 舡 IMS System Services IMS System Services provide the following services to both IMS DB and IMS TM: 舦 Data integrity 舦 Restart and recovery of IMS after normal shutdown and failures 舦 Security, by controlling access to and modification of IMS resources 舦 Application program management by dispatching work, loading application programs, and providing locking services 舦 Diagnostic and performance information 舦 Facilities for operating IMS 舦 Interfaces to other z/OS subsystems that communicate with IMS applications The IMS System Services are accessed by doing the following: 舦 Issuing IMS commands 舦 Running IMS-supplied utility programs 舦 Running IMS-supplied or user-written exit routines 舦 Defining the services that you want as part of the system definition process IMS Product Documentation The primary resource for IMS product documentation is the IMS Information Center on the web.
Margaret Wilson, now retired from IBM, spent more than 20 years of her IBM career working with IMS and IMS Tools, testing IMS software, teaching IMS basics, and marketing IMS Tools. 舦 Moira McFadden Lanyi has been the Technical Editor, Terminologist, and Information Architect for the IMS Information Development team since 2003, and has also worked as a Visual Designer and Project Manager at IBM. 舦 Rick Long, IMS Development Level 2 Database Support Team member since 2002, began with IMS in the late 1970s working in various programming and database administration roles.