By David G. Clark
During this attractive ebook David Clark publications the reader during the theology of CS Lewis and illuminates the use and figuring out of scripture within the works of this well known writer.
- Examines his existence, paintings, global view, and the results of his theology when it comes to his different writings
- Looks at LewisвЂ™ ideals at the issues of redemption, humanity, religious development, purgatory, and resurrection
- Examines the several views on Lewis and his paintings: as prophet, evangelist, and as a non secular mentor
- Explores the variety and impression of LewisвЂ™ paintings, from the bestselling apologetic, Mere Christianity , to the world-famous Chronicles of Narnia
- Features specially-commissioned art all through
- Written in an available kind for basic readers, scholars, and students, and should introduce LewisвЂ™ theology to a much broader audience.
Read or Download C.S. Lewis: A Guide to His Theology PDF
Similar authors books
Dr. Chris Walsh's scholarship has ended in a brand new learn on one among America's major authors. "In the Wake of the sunlight: Navigating the Southern Works of Cormac McCarthy" deals shut textual research of all of McCarthy's Southern works in addition to an outline of the amazing serious responses to them.
Even though Italo Calvino (1923-1985) is likely one of the most generally learn and translated Italian novelists of the century, a accomplished analytical paintings in English of his writings has been unavailable beforehand. during this new examine Angela Jeannet bargains a wealthy and colourful serious portrait that integrates Calvino the inventive author with Calvino the serious philosopher, roles that the novelist himself observed as in detail hooked up.
Yeat's lifestyles used to be some of the most advanced of all of the poets' in its outer and internal occasions. Mystical issues - involvement with spiritualism, development of a transcendental international approach in A imaginative and prescient - outfitted between and round an surprisingly energetic involvement in public affairs, as a founding father of the Abbey Theatre and as a senator of the hot Irish loose nation.
- Various Positions: A Life of Leonard Cohen
- Caroline Gordon (Pamphlets on American Writers)
- Alasdair MacIntyre: Critic of Modernity
- A Scholar's Tale: Intellectual Journey of a Displaced Child of Europe
Additional info for C.S. Lewis: A Guide to His Theology
In the third volume of the science fiction trilogy, Mark and Jane Studdock, a young, modern couple, find themselves caught up in a sinister 38 Lewis Looks at His World plot to overthrow England. The National Institute for Coordinated Experiments (NICE), under the leadership of Frost and Wither, and guided by fallen angels, is manipulating public opinion by the press, seizing control of local governments, and planning to dominate the entire world. NICE is even attempting to conquer death itself by scientific means.
Soon, moral perversion will also be acceptable, and ultimately the destiny of the soul is at stake. Aesthetics and God in Reflections on the Psalms As a new believer, Lewis regularly turned to the Scriptures after his return to Christianity and soon got the impression from the Psalms that God was an insecure egotist, constantly telling us to praise him. What he most wanted was to be told that he was good and great. ), our admiration. Others most definitely do not. The goodness and quality we admire in art and literature have their source in God himself.
Are unlike anything before. In religion, Christianity is on the way out. Of course, there are still many Christians around. ’’ Religious beliefs and practices are now the exception rather than the norm (SLE: 9). Lewis Looks at His World 43 Finally, Lewis plays his ‘‘trump card:’’ machines. So farreaching are the effects of machines that for the first time in the history of the world our place in nature has been changed. Passing over the enormous economic and social consequences, Lewis turns to the way machines (perhaps technology would be the word we would use today) have influenced the way we think.